Holiday Safety For Your Pets
We all know that the holidays are a time when many pets get into trouble, due to the changes in their environments. Christmas trees, decorations, wrapping supplies, and packing materials can pose dangers to dogs and cats. The vast and tempting assortment of food and treats floating around the house can lead to illness and even death if sampled by our pets. Guests in the house who don’t know rules about doors staying shut, or about keeping medications locked away, are on the list of dangers. Children who haven’t been taught gentle and polite behavior toward animals are a risk not only to the pets, but to themselves.
Rather than rehash the entire checklist of things to watch out for, I thought I would post links here to some of my favorite articles on the web. Take a look at the articles, and then take a look around your home. Are your pups and kitties, birds and bunnies, all safe, so they can truly enjoy the holidays with the rest of your family?
- PetMD has a good article about Christmas tree and other holiday items, and how to avoid the dangers.
- I like the ASPCA’s article, which includes a helpful section on house rules.
- American Humane’s article includes sections on the dangers of other holidays, as well.
- Mercola.com always seems to have great pet information; their holiday safety article is no exception.
- The Pet Poison Helpline has some good info on the various poisons your pets might be exposed to during the holidays.
News and Updates:
As of December 1st, I am once again accepting live session requests (phone or Skype). I am also open to new clients, but only if they have been referred to by a current client whose account is in good standing.
As of January 1st, my rates will change slightly, from $42 for the base half-hour rate to $45. I will also be much more resolute regarding to up-to-date accounts and billing reminders, as stated on my Important Information page.
Holiday Special Is On
The discounted price will be $110.00 for a three-pack of pre-paid sessions; all current restrictions will apply for as long as they are necessary. The offer “went live” on November 27th (the day after U.S. Thanksgiving) and will run until January 1st, 2016. If you are interested, feel free to send me an email, and I will reply with payment instructions. All of the usual details of the pre-paid sessions remain the same as in past years.
Happy Holidays to all,